Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Workshop

Going through workshop the past few weeks has taught me a couple of lessons the long way. Although my poem has not yet been workshopped, I have seen the benefit of others and their creative processes through it. Many poems have been improved, changed, or left predominantly the same. I cannot say that I really see a drawback in workshopping besides maybe the altering of an initial goal or the polite criticism hurting someone's feelings or initial thoughts about their work. When handled correctly and maturely, this is a super helpful process that I think also brought our class together, too!

1 comment:

  1. I really like that you said "when handled correctly" because I think there's definitely a lot of potential for workshop to get messy and not constructive.

    ReplyDelete